POGP is a Registered Charity which supports and promotes Pelvic Obstetric and Gynaecological Physiotherapy. A UK based Professional Network affiliated to the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy. We currently have over 700 members who are all Chartered Physiotherapists with a specialism or special interest in women and men’s health physiotherapy. This includes but is not limited to those who:
- Specialise in the physiotherapeutic care of women in relation to childbirth, both antenatally and postnatally, including the delivery of antenatal classes for the woman and her partner.
- Specialise in the conservative treatment of bladder and bowel incontinence for men and women and in some cases children.
- May be involved in the care of women undergoing gynaecological and breast surgery.
- Specialise in the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions both during pregnancy, and immediately postnatally.
- May also be specialists in the treatment of sexual dysfunction in relation to pelvic floor muscle problems for men and women.
POGP has two main membership tiers consisting of affiliate and full POGP members. Our affiliate members are Chartered Physiotherapists with a special interest or specialism in women and men’s health and our full members have also completed additional postgraduate training to a Master’s level or submitted a portfolio of evidence which shows outstanding knowledge and contribution in the field of women and men’s health.